Acorn Lighting Services Ltd is a socially and environmentally responsible business. Our activities have an impact on the environment, our people, the communities in which we operate, our customers and supply chain and broader society. We are accountable for ensuring we minimise that impact by approaching our business aims responsibly and by responding to the different concerns and demands of our stakeholders, while remaining profitable and competitive. This means conducting our activities according to rigorous ethical, professional and legal standards. In this way, ALS continues to deliver high-quality services, development and design, which help ensure a sustainable and safe environment for future generations.
In all aspects of our responsibilities, we work closely with our employees, clients, suppliers and subcontractors. We strive to balance short-term and long-term interests as well as integrate economic, environmental and social considerations into our strategic decision-making. We are open-minded in dialogue with those who are affected by our operations and communicate with our stakeholders in a timely and effective manner. This statement provides the basis for managing our corporate social responsibilities and forms the starting point for developing and implementing our policies and procedures in this area.
– We recognise that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of all our stakeholders. They include customers, employees, regulators, suppliers, the community and the environment.
– We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these stakeholders are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
– We take seriously all feedback that we receive from our stakeholders and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil the requirements outlined within this policy.
– We shall be open and honest in communicating our strategies, performance and standards to our stakeholders in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
– The MD is accountable for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance against this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
Our partnership focus:
– We shall strive to improve our environmental performance through implementation of our Environmental Policy, including the recycling and re-use of materials wherever possible.
– We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk.
– Through effective partnerships, we shall continue our initiatives on energy efficiency, and environmental improvement within the local communities for mutual benefit.
– We will register and resolve customer complaints in accordance with our defined standards of service.
– We shall support and encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities in our region.
– We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and future employees.
– We will offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development.
– We shall maintain a clear and fair employee remuneration policy and shall maintain communications that allow for employee consultation and business involvement.
– We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment.
– We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment.
– We shall uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with stakeholders.
– Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship.
– We will operate in a way that safeguard against unfair business practices.
– We shall encourage suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices for mutual benefit.
– We will regularly review our business practices and performance to identify how we can reduce our requirements for energy, transport and materials usage. Where possible we will use alternative materials and methods to optimise the use of resources in collaboration with our clients and suppliers.
We believe that by acting upon these commitments we are creating value for our customers, employees, shareholders and the broader society.
Managing Director, Acorn Lighting Services Ltd
1 April 2011
If you have any questions use the form below and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.Contact